You’ve likely arrived at this page looking for support during challenging times. This might be the first “About Therapist” page you’ve read, or the fourteenth. Just take a second to pause here, and take a breath with a long, slow exhale. You’re on your way to healing and growth, and help is available.
I understand coming to therapy can require a great deal of courage, and I will never judge you for your issues. I continue to be inspired by my clients’ resilience and I would be honored to support you on your journey.
All intersections of identity are welcome at my practice. As I minored in Sociology as an undergraduate, I’m interested in exploring cultures and sub-cultures, challenging historical sources of power, and the roles these may play on the formation of personality and beliefs. I’m a queer, cis-gender white female, and I enjoy supporting others in exploring their identities.
I use a lot of different tools from an eclectic blend of therapy modalities. Most importantly, I’m going to base my approach in what we agree may work for you, because I consider YOU to be the expert of your own life.
Some modalities I may use include: Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), mindfulness, self-compassion, Exposure Response Prevention (ERP), Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), and existential therapy. I also require family involvement in treatment when my identified client is under the age of 18.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, North Carolina, since 2016
- Licensed Clinical Addiction Specialist, North Carolina, since 2016
- Work experience in mental health roles since 2011, including: alternative/experiential education for at-risk youth/young adults, therapeutic boarding school, inpatient eating disorder treatment, services for the homeless, hospitals, inpatient detox and rehab, schools, and outpatient therapy offices serving children, teens, families, and adults
- Completion of Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Basic Training with EMDR Consulting, an EMDRIA-Approved organization, in March 2020
- Master of Social Work, Western Carolina University, 2016 graduate
- Bachelor of Social Work, minor in Sociology, University of Vermont, 2013 graduate
- Fellow human being and recovering perfectionist